- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar or sugar substitute-sugar blend equivalent
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups sifted cake flour
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and salt; beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Add oil, egg, and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough, half at a time, to an ⅛-inch thickness.
- Using a 2- ½-inch cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Reroll scraps as necessary.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm and just starting to brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
WHY IT'S GREAT
Talk about a delicious way to treat yourself this holiday season. These sugar cookies will fuel your competitive spirit all month long.