Sometimes the best way to express kindness is through your words. That’s why we’d like you to write at least 3 letters to 3 different people that play an important role in your life. It could be a family member, friend, teacher, coach, or someone close to you. No matter who it is, make sure to detail the reasons why you appreciate the person they are. You’ll be amazed by how much your kind words can mean to them. A couple things to keep in mind.
- Identify a person that you’d like to write your letter to. Think hard about who you want to receive your letter.
- Start each letter by determining the complimentary words that define each person. For example, your mom might be loyal, caring and patient.
- Talk about memories or defining moments that make each person special.
- Thank them for being a good family member, friend, or role model.
- Be creative with the envelope you put the letter in or the way you give each person the letter.