Junk Food Facts
The more you know about junk food, the more you understand the importance of healthy snacking. Here are a few facts about junk food that will ensure you eat balanced and healthy snacks.
1. Fats in junk food trigger the brain to want more food. This effect can last for several days.
2. The average American eats over 4 pounds of potato chips a year.
3. While ice cream may seem like a delicious way to cool off, the high fat content in the tasty treat actually warms the body up.
4. Corn dextrin, a common thickener in junk food, is also used as the glue on envelopes.
5. The main ingredient in a chicken nugget is not chicken meat, but fat, bone, nerve and connective tissue.