Homemade Hot Cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional - Miniature marshmallows, sweetened whipped cream or cinnamon sticks
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add water; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk; heat to serving temperature (do not boil).
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- If desired, garnish with marshmallows, cream or cinnamon sticks.
WHY IT’S GREAT
What’s more comforting than a cup of hot cocoa? Not only is it warm and delicious, but it’s a great treat that everyone can enjoy. Grab a family member or friend and enjoy this drink all month long.