There are so many ways to make a fort. This month, we want you to be creative and make a fort out of cardboard. Why recycle some of the gift boxes you received over the holidays when you can use them in an imaginative way. And if you don’t have enough cardboard around, ask your parents to take you to a grocery, home or hardware store to buy some more. The more cardboard you have, the bigger your fort will be. Before you get started, you will also need scissors (and the help of your parents) to cut out different pieces of the cardboard, glue to hold all of the pieces together and markers to create your own designs on the inside and outside of the fort. Here are a couple tips to keep in mind:
- First, decide how big and what design you want for your cardboard fort.
- Always include mom and dad when it comes to where the fort should go, how big it should be and the materials you’ll need to make it.
- Once you have a design or an idea of the fort you want, start thinking about how you want to cut and piece your design together.
- Be creative by making a grand entryway or drawing interesting designs on the outside of the cardboard.
- Try to create one wall of your cardboard fort at a time and then eventually glue all four walls together.
- Encourage others to join in the fun and create their own forts.