Team sports are a great way to demonstrate good sportsmanship. So let’s get out there and play. Football is a great team sport that can be played with large and small groups. So find some friends, family and flags, and try to organize a game at least once a week. Focus on being a good sport to both your teammates and competitors. That means playing by the rules, supporting one another, working together and, most importantly, having a lot of fun.
- Get or borrow a football, cones or markers for the end zones and flag football flags. If you don’t have flags, you can use towels, socks, etc. instead of them.
- Recruit a group of family and friends to play with. Teams of at least 3 or 4 people would be ideal.
- Find a park or open, larger yard to play in. The field doesn’t need to be 100 yards. In fact, 50 yards or less would be best.
- Pick teams and try to let everybody play different positions, such as: quarterback, receiver, snapper, rusher, defensive back, etc.
- Each touchdown should count as 7 points. You get 7 downs after the kickoff to score.
- Play as a team, encourage one another and have fun.