Double-Chocolate Cereal Treats
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups whole-grain cereal (like Kashi Go Lean)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine first 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute.
- Remove bowl from microwave; stir with a rubber spatula coated with cooking spray until smooth.
- Stir in cereal.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat a 1/4 cup dry measuring cup with cooking spray.
- Lightly pack measuring cup with cereal mixture.
- Drop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet (you should have 15 cookies).
- Freeze 8 minutes or until firm.
Why It’s Great
Talk about a perfect way to start your morning. These decadent breakfast bites pack a powerful punch of whole grains, fiber and protein. Make them throughout the month and see just how tasty they can be.