Healthy Chocolate Hummus
- 2 cups of cooked, unsalted chickpeas
- 3-4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter OR almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients into the cup of a large food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Serve with fresh fruit, crackers or pita chips.
Why It’s Great
Not only is this snack healthy, but it’s delicious too! Chickpeas and peanut (or almond) butter are a great source of protein that will help to keep you fueled throughout the day. In combination with the chocolate, you’ve got yourself the sweetest treat around.