TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, steamed
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- A pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse steamed cauliflower until grated. Place grated cauliflower on a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to drain water.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl with egg, cheddar, parmesan, panko and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about 1 Tbsp of mixture and roll it into a tater-tot shape with your hands. Place on the baking sheet and back for 15-20 minutes, until the tots are golden.
- Meanwhile, make spicy ketchup. Combine ketchup and sriracha in a small serving bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve warm cauliflower tots with spicy ketchup.
Why It's Great
Cauliflower is a tasty and healthy substitute for potatoes and contains plenty of Vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. Combine it with the protein found in cheese, and you have a nutritious and delicious treat to enjoy all month long.