It may have a funny name, but this is a great exercise that is used during cross training that works your whole body. Not only does it strengthen the upper body in areas like the arms and chest, but it also works your quads, glutes, hamstrings and stomach. Even better, you can do a burpee almost anywhere and it requires no equipment. So, let’s try to do burpees at least 3 times a week this month. Here’s how to do them:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower your body into a full squat.
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you and shift your weight to your hands.
- Jump your feet back as if you were in a push-up or plank position—making sure your body is forming a straight line.
- Jump your feet back to more of a squat position.
- Reach your arms over your head and jump in air.
- Land and immediately go into a squat position that starts the next rep.
- Try to do at least 3 reps of 8 burpees.