Not only is this an amazing summer activity to play, it’s a great way to work on your coordination. From hand-eye coordination to standing balance and weight shifting, balloon volleyball gets your body, mind and competitive spirit going. So gather a few friends or family members together and try to organize a game at least once a week this month. Here are a couple tips:
1. Find a couple of large balloons and blow them up with your mouth (helium balloons will float away).
2. Pick a place outside or indoors and make a court.
3. You can put up a net or make an imaginary one.
4. You can play 1 v 1, 2 v 2 or 3 v 3. Smaller teams mean you’ll be more active and involved in the game.
5. Play until the first team scores 11 points and then switch sides. Try to play at least 2 games.
6. Have fun and play hard.