Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes (about 4 small sweet potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise and place it flat side down on a cutting board. Cut the potato halves into 1-inch-wide wedges.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Place the potatoes on a roasting pan and brush with the oil mixture. Lay the potatoes flesh side down on the pan and put the pan in the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once and rotating the pan until the edges are lightly brown and soft. Remove the pan from the oven and season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let the wedges cool for a bit and serve warm.
Why It's Great
Beyond being delicious, there are so many health benefits to eating baked sweet potato fries. First off, baking them, as opposed to deep frying them, saves you on fat content. And sweet potatoes are packed with potassium, fiber and plenty of Vitamin C. which means they are tasty and good for you.