Riley at IU Health provides high-quality, comprehensive pediatric primary care for children of all ages, including newborns, children, adolescents and young adults. Our strong network of board certified pediatricians and family medicine physicians see children in offices across Indiana.
We work in partnership with you to get and keep your child well. We strive to develop long-term relationships with our patients and their parents so we can deliver individualized care and promote healthy habits and lifestyles.
Expert Care for Your Child’s Everyday Health Needs
Our highly skilled pediatricians and family medicine physicians take care of all of your child’s health needs through a wide range of services, including:
- Well-child visits. These regular appointments keep an eye on your child’s growth and development. Since children grow so quickly, it is important that you schedule these visits so your child’s doctor can catch and treat any health problems early.
- Get-to-Know-You visits. Choosing a doctor to care for your child is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make. We are offer Get-to-Know-You visits for parents and expecting parents looking for a provider for their children with our highly skilled primary care physicians. These free 20-minute visits allow you to meet with a physician to determine if they are a good match for you and your family. Call the physician's office directly to schedule a 'Get to Know You’ visit.
- Sports physicals. To participate in many league sports, your child must have a yearly physical exam. During these visits, your child’s doctor makes sure your child is healthy enough for his or her sport and talks with you about any safety concerns.
- Sick and acute care visits. If your child is sick, we provide quick care to help him or her feel better. We diagnose conditions and give your child the medicines or other treatments that he or she needs.
- Chronic disease management. Our primary care doctors help you manage your child’s chronic conditions, such as asthma, allergies, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Type 2 diabetes, through personalized treatment plans. Regular checkups and tests ensure your child’s treatment plan continues to work well.
- Prescription refills. Our doctors offer convenient prescription refills to help your child manage chronic conditions.
- Flu shots. Each year, your child should receive a flu shot to help protect him or her throughout flu season. Children often have more severe problems with the flu than adults, such as a higher risk of pneumonia.
- Immunizations. Your child will need many different immunizations as he or she grows in order to stay well. Our nurses will help you stay on track with your child’s vaccination schedule.
- Vision and hearing screenings. Children should receive regular vision and hearing screenings to identify any problems. If your child has an undiagnosed hearing or vision problem, he or she may not be able to learn or behave as well as other children.
Now Offering Virtual Visits
Riley Children’s Health Primary Care is now offering virtual care. Please call your child’s provider office to see if a virtual visit is suitable for their care.
My IU Health
We understand how busy life can get. That is why we provide you with easy access to healthcare at our convenient locations across the state. Many of our offices offer Saturday and evening hours. We also provide several convenient online healthcare tools through our My IU Health portal. With My IU Health, you can:
- Access your child's health records
- Request prescription renewals
- Pay bills
- Communicate with your child's doctors
- Schedule a primary care appointment online
The primary care pediatricians and family medicine physicians at Riley at IU Health are committed to meeting the quality, safety, educational and care standards that you have come to expect from Riley at IU Health. Our primary care physicians provide effective, evidence-based care that is personalized to fit your child’s specific health needs.
As part of our dedication to helping your child get and stay well, we offer the following programs to encourage healthy lifestyles.
Setting limits for screen time is easier when both adults and children in the family are on the same page. Learn tips for managing screen time for kids at different ages, from little ones to teenagers, and find the latest recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics.Continue reading
Vaccinations and blood draws are never fun, especially for kids. Learn helpful techniques to improve you and your child's experience before your next trip to the doctor.Continue reading
For Health Professionals
Riley Physicians educate medical students and residents to be leaders in primary care for children. The pediatrics clinical rotation has been voted by students at the Indiana University School of Medicine as the best rotation for multiple years. We provide comprehensive training in family-centered care, helping students understand the special needs of children and their parents.
Family medicine and pediatric residents have the opportunity to train with Riley Physicians in inpatient settings at Riley at IU Health as well as in outpatient clinics in metropolitan, suburban and rural settings.
Refer A Patient
Riley at IU Health works with referring physicians in Indiana and beyond.Refer A Patient
Our physicians help medical students and residents offer high-quality care through clinical rotations and residency programs.